sillywillys!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Tanning Fiasco!
So I had the brilliant idea to take my pasty arse in the tanning bed. Truly, its been over two years since I have but I'm from Washington -- that's all we do there! I'm a natural, right? WRONG! Like a dummy, I went for the full 20 minutes in a standard lay down bed. Man, was that boring! Shane had me try his pre-workout stuff which had me insanely pumped and then trying to just sit there... longest 20 minutes of my life that's for sure!! And I ended up going to bed pink, cooked shrimp pink! Not even the aloe was helping the sting. So then, like a genius, the very next day I went to the gym and thought to myself "If I can only go on Shane's off days, I better take full advantage" annnndd, I went again. Not only did I go again, I went for another 20 minutes! Can you say burn on top of a burn! I was totally smarter the second day though because I brought my iPOD in which means, I wasn't as bored ;) Yupp, rockin out with my pink cheeks (and I don't mean on my face hahah). Let's just say I went from cooked shrimp to full blown LOBSTER girl!! I'm definitely paying for it today, that's for sure. And Shane's butt smacking habit that has ALWAYS driven me nuts, its 10x more frustrating haha. Let's just say, I'm taking a few days off! Washington girl or not, that did not go quite the way I'd planned!
On another topic, the family update! Kids are great!! Growing up way too quick, all three! Jordyn will be in 2nd grade and after cutting her hair - she wanted hair like mommy's ;) - she looks so much older! And Jaiden's 5th birthday came and went. He noticeably older. Less whiny (thank goodness) and taller! I can't believe he'll be going to school with Jordyn. They've changed so much over the last two years! And Aubrey, this girl is like a weed - growing like crazy! Well, sort of... she's still in newborn clothes haha. But she's chunky, which I'm good with =) She holds her head up, smiles at me, tries standing up and sleeps through the night but I still haven't been able to kick her out of the bed. She's my little snuggle butt, I don't want her to leave! Besides, with the new GIGANTIC bed Shane picked out, it's not like I can even tell he's there haha.
Next big thing for us - PICKING ORDERS! Woot woot!! I was really hoping I'd be out of the Navy by now, or at least making my trip home but clearly Uncle Sam has other plans for me. Oh well, February or March and I'm free - for realz this time lol. And Shane is staying =) I can't wait to find out where we're off to next! I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't you even worry about sleeping with your angel. They grow up too fast and dont snuggle enough. We had Mati in our bed until he was 5 months and the transition was perfect for us. I mean after the first few tear shed nights for mom but Daddy and Baby were all for it!
ReplyDeleteThat's true. Besides, I love having her in there. If Shane didn't work nights it might be a little different but why sleep alone when I can sleep with my little baby!?
ReplyDelete