sillywillys!

sillywillys!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I didn't mean LITERALLY!

While I was more than ready to have little Aubrey, I definitely wasn't expecting my day to go quite like it did yesterday! For a few weeks I've known she wasn't making it until our due date, I just had this strong feeling that wasn't her plan BUT again, going into labor 10 weeks early on the dot was not what I was expecting! I woke up yesterday miserable, no clue why. For the life of me I couldn't get comfortable; my back hurt so stinkin bad! Didn't matter how many tosses and turns, how many pillows I stuffed where...just wasn't working! I got up, did my usual morning routine, got the boogers off to school then headed to work. At this point what I was assuming was Braxton Hicks (cause its not like I knew what the heck was going on) had been lasting for 4 hours and continuously 5 minutes apart.  Going to the doctor was the last thing on my mind! I had a really important meeting at 12 for my Early Separation and I didn't wanna miss it because of false labor! I thought for sure I'd just piss off the important people and lose all my credibility (what little I have hangin onto)! But after talking with some coworkers, I figured I could come in, get checked and get back just in time! Aubrey had a different idea on how our day would go. No one in the maternity ward really took me seriously, they kept talking to me like it was false, before they even checked me. They reminded me of my doctor - who I just saw TUESDAY by the way! I'll say this, they were all trying my patience!! After almost two hours of fartin around, they checked me and they weren't expecting what they found "Hun, you're in labor! I can feel her head!! You're 8cm!" To be honest, my response was 'Oh S*T'. Then she took off and I was left to sit there thinking 'What the heck is going on'! I met the on call doctor shortly after and I was immediately relaxed; she made me comfortable right off the bat but I couldn't tell who was happier to get whom? They were all commenting on how amazing I was doing and how pleasant I was. And I was just happy to be getting the care Aubrey and I needed! I was given a steroid shot to help Aubrey's premature lungs - they didn't tell me how UNcomfortable that would be! And then I was on an antibiotic for her. They kept asking if I wanted drugs and truthfully, yes it was hurting and it wasn't comfortable but it wasn't unbearable. They'd told me she would need to be transported and that just reinstated my decision to go natural. By 4pm my water still hadn't broken but my body was naturally trying to push; I knew I could trust it to know what to do for me!! They'd manually broken my water and with 9 minutes of pushing, Aubrey Payce Williams was laying on my tummy! She was even sweet enough to cry for us so we knew she was breathing on her own. She's truly a miracle! She was almost immediately taken so she could be hooked to a breathing tube and an IV. I had Jordyn and Jaiden (among tons of other support) there with me. Once transferred to ICU, the kiddos can't see her so I wanted to give them the chance to meet their baby sister. I think it was a little scary. Poor Jaido had so many questions about EVERYTHING haha. And once they saw her with all those cords in her little box, they got very worried. Jaiden just wanted to touch her and bring her home. Poor guy! I think almost everyone in the room was crying when they took her out. And yes, I'll admit, I started it! I just couldn't keep it in anymore. While my labor was nothing as I had expected it was also amazing. I would've in an instant traded more pain to have my husband there with me but weird how I could feel his support with me regardless. Crazy as it may sound - we are a very blessed family and our Heavenly Father seems to be looking out for us. I couldn't ask for anything more. While  I'm so worried about her, I also have a very calm feeling...a very strong sense that my little Brey Baby will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment