I've never been a political person. When it comes liberal vs conservative and Democrat vs Republican, I find myself in the middle. I agree with points on both sides. That's also why usually I just keep my opinion to myself. Arguments like these are not my thing AT ALL. So by sharing my thoughts, please don't get on me or ask me to defend my position - I get enough of that from my conservative husband lol.
I'm just so disappointed in the way I see things going. I feel old really because I read things and I hear things and my first thought "I can't believe my kids have to grow up in a place like this". I used to play outside all day, sometimes even at night (gasps). When I was 8, Kyle was 10 and Justin was 13...we actually watched ourselves! Unbelievable right? I could walk to my friend's house down the street and not worry about making it home. I feel so bad for my kids that this is what they get compared to what I had.
When did it become cooler to let your kids act out instead of whoopin their butts? When did it become better to say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas? Why is it so much better to believe in absolutely nothing than to believe in God? Why can't my kids put their hand over their hearts and sing the National Anthem?
We've become an overly sensitive and politically correct society aka a bunch of pansies! I'm serving in a military that has truly lost its respect for traditions. I watch lower ranking people basically spit in the faces of their higher ups, why? Because there's the mentality of 'what can they do to me' - if they yell at them, we claim harassment. If they make them do extra work, we throw a stress card. It's embarrassing what things have come to. And today, this horrible shooting in Connecticut, all these poor families suffering and all I see people saying is "forget praying for them, that won't help! you need to change the gun laws America"! WTHeck, right cause its the gun that killed all those people! Just like our silverware is the cause of America's obesity problem! We'd rather put the blame on an object than realize people just suck at raising kids these days. I'd rather be what most people call a 'Jesus Freak' or 'Bible Thumper' and instill values and tradition and faith into my three children then to raise them thinking they're free to do what they want with nobody to answer to. I want my kids to love God not turn their back on Him because its cooler or more fun to be faithless.
I don't care who hates me for this BUT I don't believe it's Obama who's ruining this country, it's us. We're selfish and hateful and we've lost sight of the important things in life. And I think I feel better now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment